GMC Underground’s mission includes providing a safe workplace for all of our employees, a workplace free from discrimination and free from all forms of harassment. GMC management is focused on and supports this mission the following ways:
- GMC management has developed policies and procedures designed to foster a safe and productive work environment.
- GMC management provides proper tools, personal protective equipment, and construction equipment in good working condition.
- GMC management provides training and orientation for all of our employees.
- GMC management employs experienced supervision and foremen who are knowledgeable about safe work procedures and about proper workplace conduct.
- GMC management collaborates with field supervisors to address problems, to make changes as needed, and to establish performance targets in terms of loss and incident rates.
- GMC management routinely provides feedback to employees concerning their project performance.
- GMC management has organized a fair Disciplinary Policy and Procedure, and these measures are considered to be an absolutely vital component to our company’s safe and proper operations.
The business of effective safety management is our number one priority. In all instances safe work practices take precedence over shortcuts and expedient actions. In keeping with this policy, all the members of the management and supervision, of whatever grade are reminded that safety must take equal importance with cost and production, and they have moral and legal responsibility for the safety and health of all the employees under their control.